CEO Perspective: Integra International Global Conference
SST Partner and CEO Bill Sims recently attended Integra International®’s Global Conference in Miami Beach, Fla., the first in-person meeting held by the global association of independent accounting, auditing, consulting, tax, and business advisory firms in nearly two years. Below are a few of his key takeaways from the event.
First off, I’d like to thank Integra member firm KSDT Advisors for the wonderful job they did hosting the conference and planning numerous sessions on insightful topics. At a glance, these sessions included:
- A local attorney’s insight into client management best practices, including engagement letters, client acceptance checklists, rejection letters, and appropriate verbiage for each.
- An investment manager’s economic projections for the next few months and years.
- A technology expert’s take on just how insidious and destructive phishing has become and his opinion that social engineering (not succumbing to fake emails, using more intricate passwords, etc.) is the best defense.
- Round table discussions led by KSDT’s HR Director that focused on recruiting, retention and communications.
- KSDT Managing Partner Jeff Taraboulos’ expertise on CPA firm mergers and acquisitions, with specific examples and metrics from KSDT’s activities.
Additionally, the conference’s various networking sessions, such as the kick-off reception and global board meeting, were a breath of fresh air after a difficult season, providing opportunities to renew friendships and re-immerse ourselves in face-to-face socialization after nearly two years of only seeing one another through screens.
The relationships built at these conferences and through Integra allow SST to bring a global perspective to our clients, broadening our services and industry expertise beyond our own team to create a holistic experience for SST’s clients. And, of course, when a partner firm needs help in the Dallas area, we’re always eager to step in and lend a helping hand.