Workplace Flexibility in the Accounting Industry
As society moves further and further away from the 2020 pandemic, it’s clear that flexibility in work location and work hours continue to be a desire for professionals, including those in the accounting industry.
ConvergenceCoaching® recently published the results of their 2022 Anytime, Anywhere Work™ (ATAWW) Survey, which studied the flexible and remote work practices of accounting firms. The report speaks to the growth potential of “Anytime, Anywhere Work” and the benefits accounting firms experience once adopting a flexible workplace model.
After surveying 216 public accounting firms from across the country, ConvergenceCoaching received the following results:
- 94% of firms allow for flexible schedules and Anytime Work.
- 83% of participants indicated that the admin team can work remotely some or all the time.
- 80% of firms allow their team members to work remotely on a regular or fluid basis.
- 79% of participants said that their leadership team either fully embraced (20%) or mostly demonstrated support (59%) for Anytime, Anywhere Work.
- 78% of firms currently employ at least one team member in a location not tied to a specific office or local area.
Cloud computing allows anytime, anywhere access to firm data, systems and client service providers, removing the geographic barriers that previously limited an accounting firm’s talent pool to a specific region.
At SST Accountants & Consultants, we encourage all of our team members to use their talent and expertise to make a positive impact on the community, our clients, and their own career while taking advantage of flexible, forward-thinking work arrangements that lead to a better work-life balance.
For those interested in pursuing a career at SST Accountants & Consultants, we encourage you to learn about our firm’s culture and benefits.